6/11/2009

Birthdays in Heaven

I know it has been a while since I wrote. I guess in some ways I feel like my life stopped on that awful day in November when our baby died. Yesterday was my due date and it was a hard lonely day, with no new life to celebrate. We really appreciate your prayers for us in this season as we walk through the valley of the shadow of death. I came across this poem recently that seemed to sum up everything we have been grieving this week.

Birthdays in Heaven

No cake
No candles
No shouts of glee
No hats
No horns
No, "Mommy watch me!"
Just tears
And sorrow
And a heavy heart
For my baby with no birthday
No brand-new start.

Are there birthdays in Heaven?
A party each day?
To celebrate life
In a celestial way?
Oh, I can hear the laughter
I can feel the joy
It's a King's celebration
For each girl and boy
A gathering of his children
A feast of His love
My heart wings to Heaven
For the party above.

-Judy Gordon Morrow

2 comments:

Jami said...

what a beautiful poem! i know this week must have been so hard for both of you. i can't imagine your pain but i'm praying for God's comfort and peace for you.

Christy said...

it's a perfect poem. our prayers are going up for you too.