11/14/2009

Vacation


Last week we took a long overdue vacation to a small island near us with some friends. It was possibly the most beautiful, natural, untouched place I have ever been.

Our first impression was this lobby which reminded me so much of the safari camps from Kenya.

Jody loved climbing the craggy mountains along the ocean.

These were some pictures he took on the mountain tops.


At low tide, there would be tide pools swimming with life, waiting to be explored.

I let Jody climb the mountains without me. I stayed closer to the pool!

I parked my booty right here with a book.

This was my view from the lounge chair.

Jody before he lost his sunglasses in a kayaking incident.

This was a hammok Jody and I shared after the sun went down.

And this little man would get up with his cows early each morning to smooth the sand with a modified plow.

I drank fresh coconuts when I got thirsty.

5 comments:

Patti S. said...

This remnded me of Africa too! looks like so much fun! I miss you!

StephLem said...

Oh goodness. You and your kelapas, Jord hehehe it makes me senang. I'm kinda curious about the whole kayak incident with Jody and his sunglasses, not gonna lie. Haha. Awesome photos.

StephLem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Loved the pics, Jordan! You guys look great! It would be so wonderful to and visit! Miss and love you! Anna

Krista said...

Loved catching up on your blog. You guys look great. I think you could compete on Survivor too!