7/28/2011

Broken

As I write, a dear friend here is undergoing extreme persecution because she has decided to follow Jesus. My heart breaks for her...and yet I am so encouraged by her faith in this time of trial. Let me tell you about her:

She has followed the Way for a year, boldly sharing how He has changed her life. He has stirred her heart for her family who is hindu and she wrote a letter to them this week explaining why she is following the Way. Her brother and 2 other men from her family tracked her down 4 nights ago and forced her to return home, against her will. They said she would be better off dead than to follow the Way and shame her family. She texted from her phone that she is locked in a room at her parent's house where she is praying and fasting. She testified that even though they had taken her Bible, the Word was her food and she felt His presence closer than ever before. Outside her room, her extended family gathers, plotting how to force her to return to hinduism. Several times they have taken her to the witch doctor who uses magic to make her forget who Jesus is. This morning she sent this text from her phone:

"At the moment when I am broken, my thoughts are on only one thing: ONLY THE LORD JESUS, ONLY THE LORD JESUS. There is no other. There is nothing else on my mind other than Lord Jesus. I love you so much Lord. Nothing and no one can separate my love from Lord Jesus. Even death!"

How about you? Is your love for Him this deep? Please pray for K right now to stand firm in her faith.

No comments: