3/02/2012

Valentine's Day

Jody and I often joke about romance being like a hidden treasure that he is constantly looking for and I am constantly hiding. It is seldom in the same place twice in a row. What is romantic today may not be what is romantic tomorrow. The other day, he painted my half bath in a new shade of grey paint, and I had been meaning to get around to that for a year. It was romantic. But if he gets the wild hair to paint the whole house grey tomorrow...not so romantic. Jody really found the romance this Valentine's day! He brought me flowers!

And he arranged for some friends to stay with Cadence so that we could have lunch at a new little restaurant.


But the most romantic thing to me is the way he loves his little girl.

He bought her a balloon for Valentine's day, which she thought was great. I was touched that he wanted this holiday to be special for her as well as for me. I hope that Cadence will learn from the way that her daddy loves her to always expect other boys to cherish her well. I am grateful that my parents loved me so well and gave me a high standard for what to expect in a husband. Thanks Jody, for 6 and a half wonderful years of marriage.

We also appreciate the Valentine book and care package from the grandparents! You made us feel special.

No comments: