4/24/2012

When you are 1...

Life is messy. It just is. The couch cushions are always strewn across the kitchen, there is a puddle of tinkle on the department store floor where Cadence was standing a few seconds ago, and don't even get me started on play time or how many baths we take in a given day.
Apparently part of being 1 is not knowing what to do in any daily social situation...did she really just hand me a bucket of her own poo?
I know she didn't run from me when I told her it was time to put her clothes on! Even calling her name in an escalating tone has no effect. Maybe her name isn't Cadence?
In fact, I am pretty sure that a glimpse of our daily life would be enough to make the Proverbs 31 woman roll over in her grave...but she didn't have a child like Cadence.
Her children probably always obeyed her the first time and didn't throw photos into the toilet, or climb the furniture, giggling in mockery, when she commanded them to come down before they got hurt.
After skipping her afternoon nap, I needed a Mommy time out, so Cadence went to bed early tonight. Sometimes I have to do that for my own sanity. She looks so serene when she is asleep...the calm before tomorrow's storm.
When you meet Cadence, you will laugh with us. She is life personified.

No comments: