11/05/2015

Destination Delivery


Today as I drove Cadence to school for the last time this year, I became a bit nostalgic as I thought of all that was about to change.  For 5 1/2 years she has been our princess and now she is about to be dethroned by an even smaller princess...or prince.  Our "normal" is about to change.  As expatriates we lead a transient life, so "normal" for us is different from most of our friends.  In anticipation of Cadence's arrival we traveled half way around the world to deliver her in America.  It is such a beautiful memory that will forever be etched in my mind as Jody and I waited for hours in labor and delivery to hold her and hear the sound of her sweet voice.  We were surrounded by family to celebrate with us.  And because she was born on American soil, she will have a good shot at the 2046 presidential election.  This delivery will be different.  In two days I will travel, alone, 4 hours to the the capital city of "Paradise Island" to wait on this little one to make an appearance.  Jody will stay here at home for a week or two to keep Cadence's routine normal and to wrap up his ministry for this year before joining me.  As with any delivery, there are lots of unknowns.  Baby seems set on staying in a  transverse position with the head on one side of my belly and bottom on the other side (instead of the more conventional head down position that would make a normal delivery possible).  I've been warned that it will be a C-section unless my stubborn child can develop a better sense of direction and turn a summersault ...soon.  So every day Jody helps me to stand on my head in the hopes that this will jolt baby from being cradled in my hips and cause a change in direction!  I know that God can do this for me...will you join me in asking Him for a natural childbirth?  I am choosing joy even in the unknown.  God is good, even if this takes a different direction than what we had hoped.  I feel so blessed with an amazing, supportive husband and a healthy preschooler.  I am looking forward to the blessing of this tiny, new life.  I can't wait to introduce you in the next post to Baby Blanton.



No comments: