11/06/2008

College night...and other explosions

Thank you for those of you who lifted up our Thursday night University group. We met for the first time last night with students from the local university who are studying to become English teachers. We had 4 students show up, a medical doctor who wanted to improve her English, and a High school English teacher...all of whom are Hindu. We shared the story of the creation of the Spirit world and the fall of Lucifer and then discussed it in English. They brought out some great insights and applications to their own lives. We gave out 40 fliers so we hope to have even more students join us next week when we will discuss Creation.

Also unexpected this week, our oven blew up. I had knelt in front of it to turn it on after it refused to heat up and it just exploded: threw open the door, engulfed me in a fire ball and made a huge noise like a bomb which sent all of the neighbors running over to see what had exploded. I ran in the house screaming at Jody to look at me, with my eyes tightly shut, imagining the worst: a black char-grilled face and shirt with at least one side of my hair completely singed off and no eyebrows. He finally calmed me enough to get me to open my eyes and look in the mirror. It only singed the bottom two inches off my hair and it did so pretty evenly so you can't really tell. It was scary, but we are unhurt and it gave us something to post on the blog!

1 comment:

Patti S. said...

J you always have the best stories!! You crack me up! And to answer your question I got the baby widget at babystrology.com. Weird name huh?